Will you take the Yarnspirations Tartan Super Scarf Challenge with me?
Fall is now upon us and what better way to celebrate than by getting cozy and crochet a giant scarf! The super scarf is the trend for fall 2016 and I’m deeply in love with the idea. I’m always cold and I see no better way to stay warm than by crocheting myself a scarf large enough to keep my neck, head, torso and maybe even my legs warm.
I’m always exploring new and interesting crochet techniques so when I came across the Big Tartan Crochet Super Scarf, it seemed like the perfect fit for me. This pattern utilizes a color work technique called intarsia crochet and in my opinion, it’s genius.
When the Big Tartan Crochet Super Scarf pattern came out a few weeks ago, I was drawn to the look and the technique used to create it. After playing around with the pattern and working up some test swatches, I’m finally ready to dive in. I hope you’ll join me!
I’m organizing a casual crochet affair so we can work through this pattern together. Here’s how it will work:
- You’ll have a couple days to get your yarn and supplies (more on that later)
- Video #1 will be uploaded demonstrating the first half of the repeat
- Video #2 will be uploaded demonstrating the second half of the repeat
- We’ll crochet the length of our scarves together
- Video #3 will be uploaded demonstrating the finishing techniques
- We’ll share all about our experience on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using #bigtartanscarf
Are You In?
If you would like to join me and crochet yourself a big tartan scarf while learning an amazing color work technique, all you have to do is prepare your supplies. This is a casual event with no formal sign up. All you need to do is buy your yarn, print the free pattern from Yarnspirations and get ready for the first two videos.
Here are the links you should use for the supplies and pattern:
I can’t wait. I hope you’re as excited as me!
This post is sponsored by Yarnspirations