ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS GIVEAWAY. CONGRATULATIONS TO SAMANTHA M, SHARON Z, AMANDA G, MARY V AND MARGARET C FOR WINNING THE SUPPLIES. THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED!
The Challenge has concluded but Warm Up America accepts donations year round. I encourage you to follow along with the pattern and send in your baby blanket even though the challenge has concluded. You can find the pattern here:
We all have it in us to be a hero. What’s even more special about each one of us is that we can be a yarn hero.
Our last Crochet Challenge for Warm Up America! Foundation was a huge success. Together we sent over 100 full-sized afghans to Warm Up America! Foundation which were donated to the Shelter Naples for Abused Women and Children. To kick of 2017, we’ll be at it again!
This time our donations will swaddle the new babies at Parkland Hospital.
I was born at a birthing center in Florida many moons ago. As a part of the center’s tradition, they sent each new baby home with a handmade blanket. I was no exception. They sent me home in a hand knit blanket make with beautiful mosaic variegated yarn with colors ranging from yellow to blue. I still have this blanket today and it is one of my most cherished items from my childhood. I would love to know more about the loving hands who carefully crafted my heirloom, stitch after stitch.
I am over the moon about the idea of making such a treasured piece for a brand new baby. Knowing how much my blanket means to me, I want nothing more than to provide that for another family.
Will you join me, please?
I can touch one life and that is truly something to be grateful for. Together though, we have the potential to impact hundreds, maybe even thousands of families. I ask that on January 6, 2017 you join me for the Crochet Challenge for Warm Up America! Foundation.
There will be no formal signup. To make things as easy as possible, we’re just going to come together in the Crochet Challenge for Warm Up America Facebook event page for inspiration, help and motivation. I encourage you to RSVP in the Facebook even now so you can have access to all the information as soon as it’s ready. You can find that group here:
Five Lucky Yarn Heroes Will Win ALL the Supplies!
My good friends at Lion Brand Yarn and Clover USA have agreed to send ALL the supplies needed to complete your baby blanket to five lucky winners. How amazing is that?
Entries are open today, December 2 through next Friday December 9, 2016.
- Entries open to US residents only.
- You must provide a valid email to enter.
- One entry per person, per email.
- Yarn must be used to crochet a blanket for the challenge (I’m trusting you guys)
- Additional entries can be earned by referring a friend via social media. After you’ve entered, copy the link provided on the entry form and share on your social networks. You get an extra entry for each friend who participates!
The Giveaway will run from Dec 2, 2016 to Dec 9, 2016. Five winners will be selected at random from the pool of entries on Dec 9, 2016. The winners will be contacted via email and must reply with their shipping information within 48 hours of receiving it. If the winner does not respond within the given time, a new winner will be randomly selected.
- How do I earn extra entries? Additional entries can be earned when someone submits their entry through YOUR UNIQUE REFERRAL LINK.
- Where do I get my referral link? Your referral link is generated after you have typed in your email address and clicked the submit entry button. You’ll see a window that says “Click to Copy Share URL:” followed by a grayed out web address. You need to click in this window to copy (it may look like nothing is happening). Then simply paste this code in a status update, tweet or email. When someone clicks your referral link and submits their entry, you’ll get your referral bonus!
- What is my referral bonus? You will earn one additional entry for every person who clicks your link AND submits their entry too.
- How many additional entries can I earn? The sky is the limit. You can earn as many entries as people you refer. So for example, if you refer 20 people then you will earn 20 extra entries.
- How do I know how many entries I have? Check this page frequently. The middle box is the total number of entries for the entire contest. Your number of entries is displayed in the top left box. It will update automatically based on your referrals.
- What is an entry? An entry is the number of times your name is “in the hat”. You get one entry for submitting your email address. You get additional entries for referring others to submit as well. The more entries you have, the better chance you have of being selected at random to win.
- When does the challenge begin? The challenge kicks off on January 6, 2017 at midnight. The pattern will be released at this time and you’ll have the green light to start working on your donation.
- What do I do to join? Nothing. Just participate. I encourage you to RSVP on the Facebook Event Page so I have an idea of how many blankets WUA will receive.
- When is my blanket supposed to be finished? The challenge comes to a close on January 20, 2017. You should finish you baby blanket by this day and ship it to WUA Foundation as soon as possible. Dates and addresses will also be included with the pattern and on the Facebook Event page.
- Can I donate my blanket to another organization? Absolutely. If you live outside the US and you would like to participate, I encourage you to find your local hospital and donate your blanket.
- What do I do now? Try to earn as many entries as possible by sharing your link. Wait until Dec 9th to see if you won the supplies. If not, check out bhookedcrochet.com on Dec 10th for a complete supplies list and more information.
Good luck, friends!