Types of Crochet: There’s Always More to Learn
One of my favorite things about crochet is that there is always something new to learn. With so many types of crochet, the “learner” in me is always satisfied.
When I first got into crochet, I had no idea just how big this craft is. As my passion for crochet grew and I researched and searched for patterns, I began to realize just how many types of crochet there are. I have made it a personal goal to try each form at least once and of course share as many with you as possible!
This week on the Bhooked Podcast, I’m here to introduce you to five of my favorite types of crochet. I’ll tell you a bit about the history, the types of projects you can create with it, the skills and tools you’ll need and I’ll provide some resources for you to dig a little deeper and try the style that gets you excited.
- About Amigurumi
- About Tapestry Crochet
- About Tunisian Crochet
- About Broomstick and Hairpin Lace
- About Filet Crochet
Now if you haven’t done so already, click on that play button at the top of the page to hear my five favorite types of crochet!
Links & Resoources
- Stephanie – All About Ami
- Stacey Trock – Fresh Stitches
- Twinkie Chan – Crochet “foodie”
- Lalylala – Crochet dolls
- Norah’s Knit – @norahsknot on Instagram
- Free Amigurumi Patterns from B.hooked Crochet
- Just Be Happy Crochet – Tapestry Crochet Patterns and More
- Free Tapestry Crochet Patterns from B.hooked Crochet
- Free Tunisian Crochet Patterns from B.hooked Crochet
- Tunisian Crochet Beginners – Craftsy Class Taught by Brittany
- Broomstick Lace Infinity Scarf – Free Pattern & Tutorial
- Hairpin Lace Infinity Scarf – Free Pattern & Tutorial
- Ultimate Guide to Filet Crochet by Red Heart
- The Dictionary of Needlework
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the B.hooked Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
Special thanks to our sponsor, Red Heart Yarn for allowing me to teach you these very important concepts about reading crochet patterns.