“Effortless Design. Modern Style.”
This is the goal of Olive Knits wonder woman, Marie. Garment making doesn’t have to be an intimidating thing My goal for this episode is to empower you with the confidence to try your first garment and equip you with the know-how to be successful. Understanding Marie’s focus of effortless design can allow you to see that although a pattern may look complex, it might in fact, be easy to do.
I’m joined by, Marie Greene, entrepreneur, accomplished knit wear designer at Olive Knits and recent TED talk speaker. She shares some amazing tips with you today!
- About Marie’s journey to becoming a knit wear designer.
- What “effortless design” means to Olive Knits and its customers.
- About Marie’s design routine.
- Tips for choosing the right yarn and making educated substitutions.
- About her upcoming TED talk.
Now if you haven’t done so already, click on that play button at the top of the page to hear from Marie!
Bhooked Podcast listeners!
You can save 20% off your purchase of $40 or more at Yarnspirations.com by using the code B.HOOKED at checkout thanks to this month’s sponsor, Yarnspirations – THE online destination for crochet and knitting inspiration.
Links & Resources
- Knitting Pattern Essentials by Sally Melville
- Knitting: Am I doing it wrong?
- How to Ruin a Perfectly Good Sweater
- Knitting Hacks: Know Your Knitting Speed
- I Knit a Sweater in Four Days
- Five Tricks to Improve Your Knitting
- Knit Better Sweaters – Ease
The book link above is an affiliate link through Amazon and if you purchase it after clicking this links, at no additional cost to you, I’ll receive a small commission. I greatly appreciate your support!
@OliveKnits on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the B.hooked Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.