Become a Certified Crochet Instructor
When crochet is your passion, at some point you will want to share that passion with someone else. It was only about six months after I started crocheting that I burst at the seams and taught my friend how to crochet. I didn’t have all the answers back then (and still probably don’t) but I knew just enough to get her hooked.
That first crochet lesson made me realize that teaching was my jam. Several years after teaching crochet on my YouTube channel, I came upon the Craft Yarn Council’s Certified Instructors Program and that is our topic of discussion this week on the Bhooked Podcast.
This is a very special episode because I am joined by not one but two guests! Jenny – the Craft Yarn Council (CYC) Executive Director and Edie Eckman – Author, Designer and CYC Master Instructor.
It was my goal with this interview was to introduce you to this program and to help you determine if the CYC Certified Instructor Program (CIP) is right for you. Jenny talks a lot about the program details, timeline and costs while Edie speaks about the assignments and what the Master Instructor looks for while grading.
If you plan to teach someone how to crochet (or knit) whether in a class room setting or a casual environment, I would definitely recommend looking into the CYC Certified Instructors Program. You’ll learn everything from crochet techniques to lesson plans and everything in between.
- About Jenny and Edie, their start to crochet and how they began working with the Craft Yarn Council.
- Who is the right candidate for the CIP program.
- How you will benefit from being a certified crochet instructor.
- Program options – Crochet and Knit Level 1 and 2.
- How to Enroll, how much it costs and how long it takes to complete the program.
- The assignments and grading process.
- What happens after you’ve turned in the assignments.
- What you receive after completing the program.
Now if you haven’t done so already, click on that play button at the top of the page to hear from Edie and Jenny!
Links & Resources
- Craft Yarn Council Certified Instructors Program About Page
- Craft Yarn Council Certified Instructors Program Application
- Craft Yarn Council Webpage
Other Resources Mentioned
@craftyarncountil and @edieeckman on Instagram; @CYC – Craft Yarn Council on Facebook
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the B.hooked Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
Special thanks to our sponsor, Red Heart Yarn for allowing me to teach you these very important concepts about reading crochet patterns.
Want the inside scoop?
Subscribe to our mailing list and get B.hooked updates in your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing. Please check your email to confirm your participation!
Something went wrong.