What special crochet project do you have in your life?
I bet every single one of us has a special project that comes to mind when we hear the phrase “crochet heirloom”, whether it be something we made or something we received. For me, the act of giving a crochet project is very special to me. It’s how you say “thank you”, “I love you”, “your very special to me” and everything in between. It’s a powerful way to express yourself and your feelings toward the recipient.
I had the pleasure of meeting Amy from Yarn Valet at Stitches South a few years ago and we’ve stayed connected ever since. She’s one of the nicest and genuine people I know! I asked Amy to be a guest on the show and when asked, she jumped at the opportunity to talk about crochet heirlooms – how to choose a project, how to choose the yarn and how to care for your precious items. She even shares a few stories with us about some heirlooms that are in her family!
- About Amy and her journey from experienced knitter to new crocheter.
- The heirloom projects that have been passed down in Amy’s family.
- What a “crochet heirloom” actually is.
- Who will benefit from receiving an heirloom.
- Tips to choosing a project that will last generations.
- How to pick the right yarn for a project that will stand the test of time.
- Fiber types to stick to or avoid.
- How to care for the heirloom projects in your life.
Now if you haven’t done so already, click on that play button at the top of the page to hear from Amy!
Links & Resources
@YarnValet on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the B.hooked Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.