You can adjust a pattern and it might be easier than you think.
By far the most frequently asked question in my inbox each week is “how do I make this pattern to fit (fill in the blank)?” When I see a huge trend like this in the request of my readers, I jump at the opportunity to help as many people as I can and the Bhooked Podcast is the perfect format for me to teach you this valuable and useful lesson. Today, we’re going to explore how to adjust a pattern so you have more flexibility in your craft.
- The obvious (and not so obvious) reasons why you need to adjust a pattern.
- How to make a gauge swatch and its importance in the process.
- How to use the available sizes as a reference to achieving the right size for you.
- What calculations are involved and how to work them.
- About the importance of stitch multiples and repeats.
- A few tips from my own experiences.
Now if you haven’t done so already, click on that play button at the top of the page to listen to this week’s episode!
Bhooked Podcast listeners!
You can save 20% off your purchase of $40 or more at Yarnspirations.com by using the code B.HOOKED at checkout thanks to this month’s sponsor, Yarnspirations – THE online destination for crochet and knitting inspiration.
Links & Resources
Simple Steps to Adjust a Pattern
- Make your gauge swatch.
- Take your measurements.
- Calculate difference and stitches per inch:
- Stitches per inch x number of inches (more or less) = number of stitches to add to foundation chain or cast on.
- Adjust pattern accordingly
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the B.hooked Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.