Yes, it is a thing! My friend, Stephanie, from All About Ami opened my eyes to this new world on last week’s episode and I just had to explore it a little more. Why didn’t I think of this? Who doesn’t want a giant, cuddly ami?
I’m joined by, Holly, creative lady behind Storyland Amis. Ironically enough, she got her start making tiny amigurumi but today she takes it to the next level and creates amis that are almost as big as she is!
- About Holly and the start of her extreme amigurumi adventure.
- What tools you need and where to find these super sized items.
- How to estimate the amount of yarn you’ll need.
- How long it takes to make an extreme ami.
- Arm fatigue and how to deal with it.
- Stuffing and facial details.
- The design process and how it differs from normal scale amigurumi.
Now if you haven’t done so already, click on that play button at the top of the page to hear from Holly!
Links & Resources
- Storyland Amis website
- Storyland Amis Etsy Shop
- Hand Exercise Post from We Are Knitters
- Mama Knows Luxury 40 mm Hook
- Wool Couture 40 mm Hook
- 25 mm Hook from Premier
- Extreme Acrylic Yarn
- Premier Yarns Couture Jazz
Find Holly on Instagram @storylandamis
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the B.hooked Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.