Do you struggle with finding the motivation to finish a project?
My friend, you are not alone! We all need a little staying motivated through a long project sometimes. The afghan that’s been a WIP (work in progress) for three years; the scarf you started last summer that would currently only keep your daughter’s teddy bear warm. We all have them hiding in our house just waiting to become something great.
At any given time I have between 5 and 10 WIP’s, some of which have been around for months…or even longer. I dream up a new project and leave the old ones in the dust. It happens to the best of us! Today I’m here to not only tell you that it’s okay to have projects lingering around the house but also to share 13 different motivational tactics to help you power through when you need to just get it done.
Now if you haven’t done so already, click on that play button at the top of the page to dive in!
13 Motivational Tactics to Try
- Crochet small projects in between crochet sessions on big project
- Watch TV
- Pick another project and switch back and forth
- Stop to weave in the ends to break things up
- Start another project (or two!)
- Make dishcloths for a quick reset
- Make embellishments to spark creativity and feel accomplished
- Go back to your “why” and find the need to finish
- Listen to music or a podcast
- Plan the next project
- Take a break from working on it
- Set a number of rows or skeins to complete before putting it down for the day
- Use color transitions to keep your interest
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the B.hooked Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.