Do you crochet or knit every day?
If so, you’re probably doing a number on your body and you don’t even realize it. I didn’t realize that my passion was causing me pain until I could literally feel it – pain in my shoulders. A few episodes back I shared that story as well as some ways to avoid aches and pains while we crochet. That episode led me to today’s guest, an expert in the physical fitness and wellness world.
I’m so excited to share today’s guest, Elena with you. She is so passionate about health and wellness and you can feel it as she speaks. We started off with the idea that we’ll arm knitters and crocheters with the knowledge they need to be healthy so they can continue their passion but as we got into it, realized that it really requires wellness all around. Elena cares so much about your health and well-being and she pours her knowledge to you on today’s show!
- How to set up an ergonomic work station (at work and for crochet!)
- Exercises to strengthen or stretch muscles used for prolonged periods of sitting and while knitting or crocheting
- Tips for establishing a healthy schedule of daily movement
- Tips for living a healthy lifestyle
- Tips for creating a routine and sticking to it
Now if you haven’t done so already, click on that play button at the top of the page to hear from Elena!
Links & Resources
- Working it Fitness website
- Simple Stretching for Wellness – great for knitters and crocheters!
- Strengthening Exercises for Weak Muscles from Prolonged Sitting
- 5 Yoga Poses for Opening Hips
- Six Things to Know About Muscle Imbalance Post
- Choose My Plate website
- Healthy for Good – American Heart Association
- Fitness Recommendations for Adults post
- The Microsoft Keyboard Brittany Uses
- The Vertical Ergonomic Mouse Brittany Tried
- Fitbit Alta HR
Find Elena on Instagram @workinitwithelena
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the B.hooked Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher to listen to each episode right on your mobile device.