Ever wonder how to dye yarn?
My first experience dying yarn wasn’t exactly a success but through that experience I learned that there are crucial steps to the process. Dying yarn can be a great Sunday funday project if your hands need a break from your current WIP. Who knows, it may even become a new hobby for you!
I’m thrilled to chat with Ali of Explorer Knits this week on the podcast! It’s certainly a conversation I wish I had (or heard) before I tried dying my first hank of yarn. You’ll hear about that interesting experience too! Ali runs through it all from what yarns to experiment with first, the different dyes and which you should use as a beginner and then she walks us through the entire dying process. It’s much easier than you might think!
- About Ali and how she started dying her own yarn
- What fibers you should use (especially as a beginner)
- Where to get your first skein or hank to dye
- About different dyes and which type will be good for your first dying experience
- The step-by-step process of dying yarn
- A few tips she wish she knew from the beginning
- Where to draw inspiration from
Now if you haven’t done so already, click on that play button at the top of the page to hear from Ali!
Red Heart Chic Sheep Yarn by Marly Bird!
Give dyeing yarn a try with some linen or lace Chic Sheep yarn by Marly Bird. Check out Chic Sheep Yarn by Marly Bird at your local store or order directly on their website or from Redheart.com!
Links & Resources
- Explorer Knits website
- Yarn Dyeing Kit from Knit Picks
- Dye Your Own Yarn from Knit Picks
- Red Heart Chic Sheep Yarn
- Patons Classic Wool Worsted
- Lion Brand Superwash Merino Yarn
Find Ali on Instagram @explorerknits
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the B.hooked Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher to listen to each episode right on your mobile device.
Want the inside scoop?
Subscribe to our mailing list and get B.hooked updates in your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing. Please check your email to confirm your participation!
Something went wrong.