Are you ready for the challenge?
I hope so because this year is going to be a big one. In the 2019 Crochet Challenge for Warm Up America we will be working through a Lap blanket for the wounded warriors at Walter Reed Hospital in Bethesda, MD. Not only will we make them a lap blanket but I’ll also include a knit hat pattern so you can make them a hat too!
Today I’m chatting with Mary Colucci, Executive Director of the Warm Up America! Foundation and you’ll get to hear the first news of the Challenge for Warm Up America 2019 as the details are beginning to unfold. She shares information about the Walter Reed Hospital so you know exactly who your efforts will benefit and we’ll answer some frequently asked questions about the challenge.
- The story of the Warm Up America! Foundation
- About the Walter Reed Hospital and the wounded warriors who will receive your gift
- The challenge details – when and where finalized details will be available
Now if you haven’t done so already, click on that play button at the top of the page to hear from Mary!
Links & Resources
- Challenge start date – 1/28/19
- Challenge end date – 2/28/19
- Challenge details available on or before 1/16/19
- Warm Up America! Foundation Website
- Tiny Hats (scroll to the bottom)
- WUA Makers Facebook Group
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the B.hooked Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes or Stitcher to listen to each episode right on your mobile device.