Is your yarn stash out of control?
Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us! I usually need to sort through and organize my yarn stash at least once a year. Admittedly, this isn’t something I love scheduling time for but it does save me time in the long run!
Here’s the deal – organizing your yarn stash can do four things for you. First, it will save you money because you won’t be buying yarn you already have (that you forgot about). Second, it will save you time when looking for the right yarn for your project (because you’ll know exactly where to look). Third, it will get you excited for the yarn you have (just like when you bought it the first time) and lastly, it will reignite your creative fire!
Are you ready to organize your yarn stash?
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode
Six Steps to an Organized Yarn Stash
- Spread it all out on the floor.
- Sort by category (like weight, fiber, etc.)
- Sort each category into two piles: used and not used.
- Wind all the used half skeins of yarn.
- Sort each of your piles by fiber.
- Create a designated spot for each of your sorted yarn piles to refer to when starting a project. (For example: worsted weight acrylics; lightweight cotton; chunky wool, etc.)
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for tuning in again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post or tell a friend about it!
Also if you listen on iTunes, please leave an honest review for the BHooked Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful in how people find the show and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings, and I read each and every one of them.