Listen & Subscribe on These Podcast Players
Is your yarn stash out of control?
Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us! I usually need to sort through and organize my yarn stash at least once a year. Admittedly, this isn’t something I love scheduling time for but it does save me time in the long run!
Here’s the deal – organizing your yarn stash can do four things for you. First, it will save you money because you won’t buy yarn you already have (that you forgot about). Second, it will save you time when looking for the right yarn for your project (because you’ll know exactly where to look). Third, it will get you excited for the yarn you have (just like when you bought it the first time) and lastly, it will reignite your creative fire!
Are you ready to organize your yarn stash?
Mentioned in this Episode
- DIY Yarn Storage Shelves Using Wooden Crates | Tutorial from Jess at Make and Do Crew
Six Steps to an Organized Yarn Stash
- Spread it all out on the floor.
- Sort by category (like weight, fiber, etc.)
- Sort each category into two piles: used and not used.
- Wind all the used half skeins of yarn.
- Sort each of your piles by fiber.
- Create a designated spot for each of your sorted yarn piles to refer to when starting a project. (For example: worsted weight acrylics; lightweight cotton; chunky wool, etc.)
Have something great to share?
We’re always looking for knowledgeable and inspirational people in the crochet and knitting community to chat with on the show!
About the Show
On the show, Brittany aims to inspire you and help you grow in your craft. Through her own stories and the stories of each special guest, you’ll discover tips and tricks to improve your crochet and knitting skills and find inspiration to make something that makes you happy.
When you want to kick back and learn from yarn industry experts, grab some yarn and turn on The BHooked Podcast. There’s never a shortage of all things crochet, knitting or yarn.